Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Junk Space Ship - Reworked

So I have to rework on the junk space ship. To make it look beat up, I was trying to use deformers in Maya. But I couldn't make it look the way I wanted it to look, so I will probably have to work on it in Mudbox and get a bump map on it instead. But I will leave that for the next sprint in the mean time. We have to demo our Alpha version this Thursday, so I have to make sure that the ship we are going to use as enemies look as good as possible.

In the meantime, I'll just post the renders of the ship that I did before I used the deformers.




I've also started to work on making the enemy ship that we will be using for the demo. I had to rework the model because my original model's geometry was really messy. But fixing the problem was more difficult than I originally thought. In the process of cleaning up the geometry, some triangles formed. I'm trying to get some help in fixing the triangles.

Once that's taken care of, I will work on making the UV maps and a texture for Thursday's demo. 

That's all for now, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment