Sunday, September 23, 2012

Back to Pre-production

So art team has been spending some time in pre-production again, since we need to get a clear focus on how the art has to look. As you know, we have abandoned the idea of dropping zombies from buildings, so we are now going with a more abstract look for the game and following in the direction that Flower by Jenova Chen. Some of the game play mechanics are still a little fuzzy, but that will hopefully be cleared up in the next few days.

So my task for this weekend was to write up a 1 page document on how the level could look like, along with some possible color pallets. Here is what I came up with:

Overview:
  • At this point, we have talked about making the environment look run-down and abandoned.
  • We still want to make it look like a city, but at first it will look dry and lifeless. 
  • Once the player has reached the bottom, the parts that have been hydrated will look new again.
Look of level before player starts:
  • Dilapidated/Run-down
  • Abandoned/Desolation
  • Dry/Parched
  • Cold
Look of level after player splashes down:
  • Revitalized
  • Energized
  • Warm
  • Back from the dead
  • “Phoenix rising”
Reference:

Dry/Dead
Hydrated/Alive
Here is the link to the PDF I created since I like how it looks there better, but I didn't want to just provide a link to the PDF in the blog post.

I emailed the document to my team, and now I'm just waiting back on some feedback from them to see if they like what I came up with. That's all for now, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment