Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sci Fi Floor Texture

I've decided to give the Diablo sculpt a break and go back to my Sci Fi environment and get it textured once and for all. So I have broken it down into pieces and decided that I should start out by doing the texture for the floor.

Here is a test render from Maya on what I have:


I'm still sticking to my original plan of trying to mimic the Borderlands style, and I think I'm on the right path. Right now this is too clean, so I will have to add other stuff to the scene like papers and miscellaneous junk. But for now, this will do for the floor tile. I have rotated a few of the tiles in an effort to make it no so Tile like.

Here is the png file:


I added the "ink" in illustrator. I think I may have to remove the white cracks, but I will go back to that later. I also still need to do the specular map, but I think I will do that in ZBrush with polypaint along with some of the metal feel for the normal map. I was going to do it tonight, but I have to get some sleep before going to work in the morning, hopefully tomorrow.

Anyways, that's all for now. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment