Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Death's Mask - Pedestal Idea


So after starting this little project to make a replica of Death's Mask from Darksiders 2 I thought to myself that I needed something more than just the mask to make this piece really pop. My idea was to make some kind of pedestal, but I needed something that would make sense to the game and that would look cool. So that's when I came up with the idea above.

I'm going to give some back story to the game for those of you that don't know anything about Darksiders 2. I'm going to be as general as possible to not give away too much of the story for those of you who may care about spoilers.

The game is played from the perspective of one of the four horsemen of the Apocalypse, in this case you play as Death. On the fist game you play as War, but he was tricked into starting the Apocalypse and at the end of the game he is told that he will be punished even if it wasn't his fault.

Darksiders 2 if the story of Death trying to bring back all of humanity so his brother War is sparred. But in order to do so, he has to travel to different worlds in search of a way to revive all the people of the world. But there is a new threat that is slowly destroying all these worlds, its Corruption. This Corruption is everywhere you go, and it manifests itself looking like huge yellow crystals surrounded by black tar.

My idea for the "pedestal" of the mask is to make one of those spikes of Corruption and have Death's mask resting on it. And so far the render above is what I have. This is the first time I've tried doing rock/crystal in ZBrush, and its turning out to be a little harder than I thought it would. I will have to look at some tutorials and make sure that spike looks like crystal.

Anyways, that's all for now. If you haven't played the Darksiders series, I completely recommend it. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment