Thursday, June 11, 2015

Making a First Person Shooter in Unreal Engine - Part 3

I am now about 3/4 of the way done with the tutorial, and here is what I have so far:


Since last time, I created a way for the player to be able to finish the level. This consists of the player running through the map and "pushing" a button on the final room. For this end state, I have collision sphere around the button that displays a couple lines of text once the player is inside the sphere. If the player press the space bar as the instructions say, they will be unable to fire their gun or move.


Here is a closer look at how the network for firing the gun and moving around the map have been laid out. Please note that I have a few variables that I use to make sure that the player can't fire their weapon or can't move once the end game sequence has been started.

I hope that I can finish the tutorial soon, but since I have been staying late at work everyday I don't have much time to work on this. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment