Thursday, January 10, 2013

Hard Surface Modeling Class

So its the start of a new and my last semester as a graduate student at the University of Utah. I can't belief that its been 1 1/2 years since I started the MGS program, and I'm kind of sad that its coming to a close.

Anyways, there isn't much left for us to do besides polishing our thesis games and having them published before the end of the semester. So I decided to enroll in one class that would benefit me and help me with my goal of becoming a 3D environmental artist. There is a new class being offered this semester by a really talented professor and I'm excited to see what we will do in that class.

So today was the first day of class, but because we got a really big snow storm the professor wasn't able to make it. So the TA's for the class showed the people that have never used Maya so of the basics, while they gave an assignment to everyone else to do a speed model of Portal's companion cube. Here is the render of my speed model with a quick AO bake on it:


Its not the first time that this assignment has been given to me, but it is the first time that I was able to finish it. I think some of the pieces are suppose to be thicker, but the overall idea of the model is there. I think that I will attempt to do it one more time, and get it textured properly. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment