Thursday, November 7, 2013

Made With Mischief

So I know I am going to regret in the morning stay up this late sketching. Anyways, lets get this over with.

Here is some progress in a sketch that I've been thinking about making for a while:


So I know its nothing too amazing, but its my base sketch and I think I like the way its going. What I want to draw is an girl with armor (or bikini, haven't made up my mind yet) like these images of Witchblade. I wanted it to be in the anime/manga art style, and I been taking a lot of inspiration from the League of Legends champion Sona.

I like Sona's long flowing hair and I wanted my girl to have that same hair. I also wanted her to look like a bad ass, so I drew her eye in a way that would imply that she is not afraid of anything. I know that the face is really light, but if you can zoom in you will be able to see what I am talking about.

I made this with a software package that a friend of mine showed me some time ago called Mischief. Essentially its like painting/drawing with vectors, but not in the same style like illustrator. In Mischief there is no predetermined canvas size, and you can zoom in and out with out worrying about the resolution or pixelation of your work.

I've tried to draw in Photoshop before, but I alway need to re adjust my canvas size, or the resolution wasn't set correctly. With Mischief I don't have to worry about that. Right now I am running the free trial, and I have to say that I am really loving it. If you want to know more about this software package, go to madewithmischief.com.

I still need to keep working on this sketch, I don't like the way the feet look and the girl's left arm looks weird on that position. I want it to look like she is folding her arms behind her head, but at that angle with the hair, the arm loos like its part of the hair.

That's all for now, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment