Thursday, December 10, 2015

Female 3D Model - nCloth for Dress & Shawl


So after trying for a bit to make my dress in Marvelous Designer, I failed. I got a really good basic dress, but it just wasn't turning out how I wanted it. So I have now decided to go back to Maya and do more work with the nCloth system and get a good base dress and shawl that I like.

The above picture is of where I am right now after subdividing the dress a few times and playing with the settings for the simulation on the dress. I had to pin/anchor most of the dress from the hips up, which is why it looks really flat/unchanged on the top and with folds on the bottom.

From here I will take both pieces of cloth into ZBrush and try to do as much as possible there. I also don't have any experience making cloth in ZBrush, but I think that I have more control in ZBrush than I did in Marvelous Designer.

This project is due on December 20th, so I have to hustle and try to finish everything as soon as possible with the sculpt so I can get a texture started. That's all for now, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment