Thursday, December 3, 2015

Female 3D Model - Version 1.0 Model Almost Finished


So I was a little lazy over thanksgiving break, and now I am mad at myself because I feel like I wasted a week. Now that I'm back, I'm done with the model that I've been working on for a couple months now. I know that it has been a really slow process, but this is the first time that I pushed myself this hard to do a character model.


Once I was done with the dress, I felt like she was still missing something, so I decided to create a shawl using the NCloth simulation. I'm not too familiar with it, but I think I will have to go back and rework it since the shawl drapes really weird on her shoulders. Once I'm done with that, I will have to reduce the polygon count on it, but I think I will do that part in ZBrush. 


I also worked on her shoes this week. At first I didn't want to give her high heels because I think its really quiche, but since she is wearing an evening-like dress, she has to wear heels.

Next I will finish the shawl and move on to doing the UV layouts for the model. For this assignment its not required that I texture her, but I do want to turn this into a portfolio piece. I will post progress on that as well, and over winter break I plan on working on a shader and on a rig for her. 

The reason for the shader and rig is that I was talking to my professor and he though that I should know the whole process a character goes through while in development for a game. And since I am now learning how to code, I think I'm starting to lean on becoming a Technical Artist. That's all for now, thanks for reading. 


No comments:

Post a Comment