Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Book Cover Progress

So I know, this picture doesn't look like much. I just haven't had much time to work on the cover. But I did get the basic rim done around the tree. I did this in Illustrator and I'm using a stroke to make it look like calligraphy and more stylized.

I'm really excited to get this done and hopefully it look half as good as I picture it. The tree will probably take me a while since Illustrator still gets the better of me. Thanks for reading!

Saturday, May 3, 2014

Orc Head - Update # 7

Here's a render of where I'm at. I have finished doing the polypainting the orc, but I still felt like it was too empty. I applied the red marks across his face to be "warpaint", but I don't think I like it as much and may go back.

All I have to do now is bake everything down, paint the eyes in Photoshop (I don't like to poly paint eyes in ZBrush) and render it in Marmoset Toolbag. I'm almost done, but I don't think it will be that easy. I usually run into one thin or another in the baking process. :(

That's all for now, thanks for reading!