Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Not Much to Report

On Tuesday we didn't have a lecture during class, so we used the time to go to lab L130 in the WEB. I used that time to learn how to export both of my models into the FBX format. Once I did this to both of my models, I uploaded them to the SVN repository we have for the assets.

I got to see the progress of the game so far and it looks really promising. The programming guys have been able to set up a 3D space and have my first ship fly around in it. The camera follows the ship and it even has a cool effect that makes the camera pull back a little when the ship speeds up.

We also had a conversation of where we wanted the art style and the game to go. At first we talked about probably making the ship modular. This means that the player would be able to build their own ship and customize it how ever they see fit. The player would be able to either buy or get upgrades throughout the game. But James said that it might be too complicated to put it in code and actually get it to work properly.

I belief that we should not take a modular approach because it would require too many assets in the game to come up with a bunch of different parts for ships. I think that we should create a handful of ships and create something like a garage where the player would be able to keep the ships that he or she buys. This would also allow the player to have different types of ships each having their pros and cons.

But since not everyone was there, we weren't able to come to a decision. So we decided that we would put it to a vote on our Google Groups site. This way it will be fair, and once we know for sure we can move forward.

Also, our first sprint will be coming to a close on Thursday and we have to present to the class where we are and what we want to do for the next sprint. We also have to explain what worked and what didn't.

I've finished all the stuff that was assigned to me on ScrumWorks, but I will still work on more ships and try to have one more done by Thursday afternoon. I want to do one that resembles the SA-23E Aurora.

That is all I have to report, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment