Wednesday, April 11, 2012

New Use For This Blog

So the other night during my Game Arts class, the teacher, Gabe, said that we should have a blog where we talk about our art to show the progress that we make over time. So i decided to use my project blog and add another use for it. So I'm going to try to upload pictures/renders of stuff that I'm working on besides what I'm doing on my thesis project.

So to start things off, every time we have class we start by having some exercise that helps us get faster and better at what we do. Last week we had an exercise in which he had to speed model a palm tree. I have never actually modeled at tree, so I decided to look up a tutorial on how to do it. After quickly reading through it, I managed to make my own palm tree. It turned out alright for being my first time. Here is a render of the palm tree I made:



Afterwards, Gabe said that my tree has a really high poly count. He had hoped that we would all try to use planes with a texture and an alpha map to make a low poly palm tree that could be used in a game.

Also, for our final project for the Game Arts class we have to make a game environmental using one of the many missions in Texas as center piece and the setting. I will post some renders of my progress of my mission in the next few days.

That's all for now, thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment