Friday, August 16, 2013

2nd Head Sculpt

So this is the 2nd head sculpt that I've done, I've decided that taking only 1 hour for each head sculpt is not wise, at least not when I'm so new to Zbrush. I've decided that I will give it at least a couple of hours and if I like what I have, I will work on it for a couple more, but no more than 4 hours per sculpt.

Hopefully, once I'm on my 15th sculpt, I will be much faster and much better than what I am today.

Here are the renders for today's work:




Yesterday I did the sculpt without reference, and I it turned out horrible because of it. I tried to see how well I could do if I just left it up to my imagination.

Anyways, I've learned my lesson and for today's sculpt I followed this YouTube video:


It isn't a step-by-step video, its a quick rendering of an artist work into a 15 minute video. I paused and rewind the video as many times as I need to see how the artist was doing his work. I learned some really cool tricks and a different way to start a head sculpt.

For tomorrow I will try to find a woman's head that I can sculpt, and maybe even add hair! :O Well, that's all for now, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment