Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Building My First PC - Part List

So I have been using my Macbook Pro for the last few years to do all my work, and I can feel that its probably going to die on me soon. So before that happens, I have decided to build my own PC and work off that at home instead of buying a new laptop.

Today I bought all my parts from Newegg, here is what I bought:

PCPartPicker part list:

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor
Motherboard: Asus Z87-A ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 660 2GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  
Case: Thermaltake Chaser A31 ATX Mid Tower Case  
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)

For now I haven't decided on what kind of monitor I will be using, I decided that I could always buy that locally. My friends that have build their own PCs keep telling me that its not that hard to get it put together, so I hope that they are right.

I will post pictures once I get the stuff, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment