Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First Assignment for Game Pitch: Gravity Shift

So unfortunately my game didn't make it through the first round of voting. :( I'm kind of sad because I thought that it had some good potential, but I guess we will never know. T.T

Anyways, today (9-7-10) we found out which games were selected and we also got placed into a group to further develop one of those games. I got placed into the group that will be working on a game called: Gravity Shift. And it actually sounds like a cool game. Heres the details of the game (keep in mind that this is the original game pitch and it hasn't been developed further yet): game pitch. (Your going to need a google account to view the document, sorry.)

So now that we have been dividen into small groups, our job is to make a simple prototype of the game with in the next two weeks. For this, we'll have to create a very rough design of the game using simple art and borrowing code from the web. This prototype will be used in the presentation where the judges will be able to test out our game and ask question about it. We will eventually throw away everything that goes into this prototype, so we don't have to work too hard as long as it looks ok. :P

So as I've said before, I'm on the film side of the EAE program. So my first assignment for this game is to come up with some simple concept art for the character (were not sure if we want to keep the main character as a red ball) and some level designs by this Thursday (9-9-10). 
Hopefully I'll be able to come up with something cool.


Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment