Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Game Arts Final

Screenshot from Unity.
I'm happy to say that I'm done with my final project for my Game Arts class, and it turned out a lot better than what I hoped.

At first, I was trying to shoot for something realistic but then I realized that it wouldn't look as interesting. I decided to go for something like Okami with a toon shader, but a bit more realistic. To achieve the look I wanted, I decided to hand paint as many of the textures that I was going to use as possible.

I had some help with the lighting, shadows, and a particle effect that's inside of the tea house. But other than that, I the whole thing together myself. I did use a few of the assets that come with unity, but I will try to replace them in the next few weeks so that it has a consistent look all across.

If anyone is interested in playing my level, I have made Unity builds for Windows and Mac that can be downloaded here. If anyone has any autosuggestion on what I should change to improve the quality of this environment, please contact me and I'll be happy to take any and all critique.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment