Thursday, December 6, 2012

Progress on my Japanese Garden

So there is a week left until my art project for Game Art 3 is due, and I've been trying to work on it as much as possible over the last few days. During that time, I've also made a few changes to the project. So I don't know if I mentioned before that I was going for a realistic look, but after some consideration, I've come to realize that if I try to make it realistic, I may fail in the process. So I've decided to go for a look similar to that of Okami and I'm trying to hand paint as many of my textures as I can. I'm also going to use the toon shader in Unity and try to make it look almost like calligraphy.

So to populate the scene, I'm going to build a sakura tree since its very iconic of the culture. So here are a couple of pictures on my progress on the tree.

The tree branch at the top I'm going to apply to a plain and make a low poly tree. Since working on the painting of the geisha, I've come to love hand painting, but I haven't had much time to keep practicing. Hopefully I'll be able to finish the tree today and post a render. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment