Saturday, March 16, 2013

Riot Games Summer Internship

As I'm sitting writing this blog entry, it has been about 15 minutes since I submitted my application to the Riot Games summer internship as an art intern. I have to say this is one of the most nerve-wracking moments in my life. Now that I've submitted my application, I feel better and leave everything in the hands of destiny.

I don't usually write/talk about job applications that I've submitted because I feel like I'm going to jinx it, but this application is special. Not that I don't want to work for any of the other companies that I've applied for, it just that as I submitted this application I started to think back on when I started to play LoL. Its been about a year and a half, and I remember that the first champion I ever played was Riven. She had just been release a week or so before I started playing, because when I first started was the week that she was free to play. 

I remember that even though I didn't know what I was doing most of the time, I really enjoyed playing as riven because I felt like I was contributing to the fight since she is a melee champion that has to get into the middle of things if she wants to do anything in a team fight. After the week was over, I had to look for another champion that fit my play style. I remember trying out Katarina a few times but it just didn't feel the same. Even though Katarina also has to get in close for her ult, it felt weird and after a few matches I decided that if I was going to keep playing I was going to play someone that I like and was at least good at. So I took out my credit card and bought Riot Points to buy Riven. This was the first time that I had spent real money on a free to play game, before then I didn't think that free to play games were worthy of spending actual money. 

After that I kept playing mostly as Riven for a long time, occasionally playing new character when they became available to play for free. After a while the best thing happened, a new champion was going to get released that could turn into a dragon! I have this thing for dragons, so I immediately decided that I was going to buy Shyvana as soon as she was available and would only play as Shyvana for as long as I could. At first it took me a while to learn how to play her, but I eventually became proficient with her and I kicked butt. 

Now a days, I've learned how to play quite a few champions, but my best champions are the ones that are able to take a few hits and still be ok. My best champions are as follow:

Top Lane:
  • Darius
  • Vi
  • Shyvana
  • Riven
  • Fiora
Mid Lane:
  • Ahri
  • Diana
  • Annie
  • Syndra
  • Zyra
Jungle:
  • Amumu
  • Rengar
ADC:
  • Ashe
  • Miss Fortune
Support:
  • Volibear
  • Zyra
  • Leona
I have different proficiency levels with all the champions that I've listed, and some I haven't played in a while but I'm sure that I could pick them back up with almost no trouble. I own about 1/3 of the champions, and there are some that I've never touched or some that I tried a couple of times but they didn't fit my play style. One important thing that I have to point out, is that out all the five positions, ADC and Support are by far my worse positions to play.

ADC depends on farming and a good support player, and Support is too passive and I feel like I'm not doing much half the time. I prefer to stay on Top or Mid Lane where I'm constantly going back and forth with the other players. And I'm still new at jungling, I have to learn someone new since Amumu gets banned all the time and for some reason I tend to fall flat on my face with Rengar. 

Anyways, now that I've spent a long time writing this blog entry, I'm starting to get sleepy since this entry took longer than expected.  I was talking to my wife and mom at the same time, so they both kind of distracted me. Now I go to sleep, and hope for the best on my application to Riot Game.

Thanks for reading, and see you in the Field of Justice!

-FushiNoRyuu

No comments:

Post a Comment