Friday, April 24, 2015

Yahtzee With a Twist - Homework 7 Finished

So I have finished the last homework assignment for my Python class. This doesn't mean that I'm done with the class, since we still have to finish our final project, but at least this was the last single assignment.

This time around we had to build on top of the last assignment and make a full blown Yahtzee game, but we had to add a few extra rules. For example, there is now 7 dice and 4 rolls per round. There is also new scoring or win conditions since there are more dice involved with the game.

This time around there is too much code involved with this assignment that I will not display all the code on this entry like usual. Instead if you would like to look my code, feel free to go here:

https://github.com/fushinoryuu/DiceGame.git

This time I uploaded my code for the assignment to GitHub and made it public, this way if anyone really wants to look at the code they can just download it and open it in IDLE or PyCharm. Here are a few screenshots from my program:

How the game looks like on start-up.

How the game looks like when you won a round.

At the time that I wrote this entry I turned in my assignment, but I didn't have time to finish all the things I wanted to include. I still have to add a way for the player to start a new game at any time without quit the game and a button to quit the game at anytime. I also need to check for a loss state if the player's points go to 0 after a round is over.

I will continue to work on it and update it. If you are interested in this, you should be able to see the latest version of game with the GitHub link above. That's all for now, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment