Sunday, May 31, 2015

Using Data Tables in Unreal Engine 4

So in my quest to learn as much as I can about Unreal Engine to make a game over the summer, I have just completed another tutorial series from Digital Tutors. This time around the tutorial didn't focus much on making blueprints, instead it focused on how to use data tables and C++ code in Unreal Engine.


The screenshot above is of some C++ code to make a function and a data structure that could be used inside Unreal Engine.


The screenshot above is a blue print that uses the code that we made, along with an enumeration to change a display mesh and item information using the data table. This node network would first find what kind of item it should be through the enumeration and then display the correct mesh for the the object in the editor.

This series was much shorted than the last once I took, but I really liked it because it gives me a look at other things that the engine can do. That's all for now, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment