Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Texture Tuesday - Aug 9, 2016

So I was thinking the other day that its been a while since I've actually posted any art on this blog of mine, it most been programming/coding related stuff for the last 8 months or so. So since Allegorithmic recently made their software free for students, I decided to get a free license and start to do some art for this blog.

Since I don't know much about Substance Designer, I looked up a tutorial to get me back into it and I created a metal floor texture following this tutorial:


I really like this guy since he takes his time to explain the tool at the beginning and all. This will be really useful for anyone that is new to the software package. Without further ado, here are a couple renders from the finished product:



It took me a bit over an hour to finish the tutorial and about 15 minutes to get a good render on Marmoset Toolbag, but I am really happy with the result. I forgot how awesome this software package is, and I look forward to working on one of these textures every week if I have time from now on.

That's all for now, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment