Monday, December 7, 2015

Cloth in Marvelous Designer

Front View
So here is my first attempt at making cloth in another software package called Marvelous Designer. I've honestly never used software like this before, but the gist is that its a tool used for making cloth and getting it to drape on your model in a natural way and its super easy to use. Now, this doesn't mean that I am now an expert at this, but this was my first crack at trying to make my dress in MD (short for Marvelous Designer). 

3/4 View
What I really like about this tool is that it works just like sewing in real life, you have to know where to make your cuts and what not. This is probably what gave me the hardest time, and still does. I know nothing about sewing or fashion, so I am having a hard time knowing where to put my cuts on the "cloth". I have been looking at how other people doe in real dresses, and I think I'm getting closer but I still have a long way to go.

Side View
Anyway, I will give it a few more attempts at making the dress in MD but I don't want to spend a lot of time learning a new software package when I need to get this textured within the next two weeks. If I give up in trying to make the dress in MD, I will make sure to come back and visit it since I am super impressed with this tool. That's all for now, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment