Tuesday, November 30, 2010

10 Days Left

So we have 10 days left in the semester before we have to have an Alpha version of our game done. We have to finish nailing down the features that will be in our game, this means that we have to cut out all the stuff that we won't be able to do with in the next 10 days.

This is because next semester we won't have time to insert new features since we will have to focus on inserting content, polishing, and submitting out game for approval. Roger and Bob said that we might be able to insert some new content, but only if we finish everything before schedule and as long as we don't have to do much tweaking. But we shouldn't count on it.

Us on the art side are going to have to crank out models, levels, and content. And programmers are going to have to optimize the code and make sure that none of the code violates any of the things on the evil list. So we will have out work cutout for us.

Today we nailed down the pods and the control scheme.

We decided that we will be limited to: one shield pod, one engine pod, one laser/weapon pod, and a handful of special pods. We also said that only the first three will have a passive effect, and then a consumable effect. For example, when you use your engine pod, it will make you go faster for a few seconds. The special pods won't have a passive effect, but will have some cool effect when launched.

I didn't work much over the break, and I was planning on finishing my stuff today while at school but I forgot my external hard drive. So I will have to finish it sometime in the next two days.

After I'm done, Charlie said that the ships that I created will act as the enemy ships for the Alpha we have to turn in. I have to take my crest like ship and make it  better. I have to work on the base model and make it look as good as possible.

Thats all for now, I'll see how much I can get done in the next few days. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment