Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Base Colors

Here is a render of what the shield looks like at the moment, I also had to make a few changes to the model so I had to tweak the UVs.


If you notice, there is some pixelation in the render since I was forced to use "Maya Software" render since I'm using a psd file for the texture. A psd file makes it easier for me to make changes to the texture and then refreshing the file in maya without having to export the texture into a something other than a psd. If I try to use a psd with mental ray, it only renders the specularity from the blinn material.

I still need to find something to put on the shield on the center since its a little empty at the moment. I think I might stick to the tribal design that I've got going so far. There is still a lot to do with the texture, but I feel that its a solid foundation for now. I think that I will also try to make it paint instead of sticking to making it a certain type of metal.

That's all for now, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment