Thursday, February 28, 2013

Final Render

So here is the final render of my shield:


Here is the final render for my shield. I ended up using a total of 3 1024x1024 maps for this model (diffuse, specular, normal). I'm happy with the results and I think that I've come a long way since I first started to make 3d models a few years ago.

I showed this image to one of my art teachers and he recommends that I go back and do another pass on the normal map. Since I took the tribals and took the image into Crazy Bump and the light is not reflecting well off the model. He said that I should probably model the tribals in Maya in high poly and bake the normals.

I also got some feedback saying that the gold trim should be ticker and to show that the shield has curvature  since it may not be apparent that this is a shield if there is no side view.

I don't know when I'll be able to get back to work on the model, but I will strive to make it better. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment