Thursday, February 21, 2013

Normal Map for Shield

So I'm almost done with the diffuse texture, but I got thinking that I should also start messing with normals for  my shield. Here is my normal map that I will be using:


Its very simple, but I wanted to make the tribals pop. Basically what I did is that I took the layer from my photoshop file where my tribals were, and exported them out into a separate file. Then took that into Crazy Bump, and messed with the setting a bit until I got something I liked. The one thing I don't like is that there seems to be some dips at the edge of the tribals and I don't know why that is.

I also tried to make a high poly version of the shield, but for some reason my normals won't export correctly. I'll have to ask my art professor how to do it correctly. For now that is all until I can finish the diffuse and work on the specular map, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment